1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I need help finding web designers/developers outside the internet

Hi guys. I own a digital marketing firm and im still a college student.

I started offering social media management services, but my clients usually also require web design/development. They usually need really simple brochure sites. Just simple wordpress theme customization to fit their SMEs...

The problem here is that while i can deliver such products, it is too time consuming for me because im not the "best". So if i already got the client, and there is money waiting on the table, then why not just split a % with a developer.

So I would like to get some recommendations on where to find people, in the offline world, proficient in:
    - HTML, CSS and PHP
    - Wordpress theme customization
    - Responsive designs
    - Graphic design and Drupal (not necessary but it would be ideal)

Im really interested in knowing in which kind of places/majors I could find this people. It is fundamental for me to find them in the offline world due to poor experience with online/freelancer outsourcing. Offline also allows u to have more contact and understanding with the designer, which can eventually lead to finding the perfect "web design branch" manager.

thanks in advance.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

In the "offline" world you're looking at having to place ads in newspapers, maybe even college/university newsletters, throwing flyers out of airplanes.... There's a whole lot of things that you can do. I'd pretty much guarantee that you'll get the same results from doing this as you would from doing it online, just the people will be more local so they'll fail face-to-face rather then from another country.

Don't let that put you off though. Just try it and see what happens. The worst that can happen is that you find the same as you did before.
  5. No Profile Picture

Why don't you post it at your university notice board.
  7. No Profile Picture

What you are saying to me is:
    How can I find to buy a car ... but not in the places that sale cars.

If you did not found good designers online ( where all the designers are ) what makes you think that you will have more luck in the offline world?

To me the problem is in your search criteria.
  9. No Profile Picture

Try attending local meetups. You can target the exact skill set you are looking to hire and have a room full of candidates to talk to and network with.
  11. No Profile Picture

agreed with @aditd

You can't find a good web designer in offline world. If he/she is offline then how come he/she can do designer?

Post in the jobs section. in your local area classified sites. You will get good response.
  13. No Profile Picture

Greetings
    I am Rinkesh Shah, the Marketing Manager of Roars Technologies. Roars Technologies is a combination of very well experienced Web/Mobile developers, expert Quality Assurer trained in the complex atmosphere of IT industry and with a strong reputation for reliability & security.

Company possess 8 years of experience in HTML5/CSS, Photoshop, ASP.Net, PHP/Mysql, Xcode, Android, Digital Marketing.
    [For company details and portfolio please visit roarsinc (dot) c. O. M ]

We would love to hear from you and an opportunity to work with your company.

Thank you,

Regards,
    Rinkesh Shah
    Marketing Manager
    Roars Technologies Pvt. Ltd - Lionizing Your IDEAS
  15. No Profile Picture

The only place I would look offline for a web designer/web developer would be on programming conferences. Other than that perhaps in local advertising paper?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I need help finding web designers/developers outside the internet

For offline you see from newspaper..there are lot of webdesign company available. and also go to straight meet all the company and get work from them.

<Edited out fake sig drop>
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; August 27th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
  19. Contributing User

You could try LinkedIn or Facebook and try to do a search around your local area where you can actually meet the designer/developer.

Regards - Shawn
  21. No Profile Picture

try odesk, there are alot of freelancers which are cheap and good
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your best bet to find a designer / developer offline your best bet is to post ads in your local newspaper and college bulletin board asking for designers and developers to come forward and take an opportunity to this new position that is open.

Try using craigslist too there are people on there with web skills.

You say you know a little but not too much perhaps maybe you'll want to expand your web design and development skills by taking online courses and classes. There are many great tutorials online that you'll be able to read.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo