Thread: No bites

1. web.graphic.print
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy No bites

I've been fishing for work and getting no bites. Is it just me? Is it my portfolio (link on my profile) or me being sucky or something?
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Your portfolio doesn't show anything, and the site itself is not particularly impressive.

Redesign your site to look a bit more modern, buy your own domain name rather than using a free host.

In your portfolio, you need to add links to the sites you have done, or at the very least some screenshots so the client can actually see the work. Expand the description to talk about what the job entailed. What parts of the job were problematic and how did you solve them? What part of the site's design or functionality are you most proud of and why? What part was that client most concerned about or impressed with?

Your portfolio needs to be much more than just a list of stuff you did. You need to tell the story about your career and the projects you have done.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  5. web.graphic.print
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ok i dont mean this insultingly

OK so I added links where I had them and changed the design of the site a little. I don't mean this as an insult but how does it look like its coming along?
  7. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

You still need to seriously expand your descriptions of each project. Having so many projects where "Unfortunately, this site is now down and all screenshots of it have been lost." is not a good thing either. To most potential clients that would probably translate into "This site sucked and failed to gain any traffic". I would suggest you either remove those, or make sure your description of the project is very detailed. Don't say the site is down and there are no screenshots, just don't provide a link or any images. If a client inquires then you can tell them that it is no longer available.

Also, you should either not collapse your project listing, or you should make the entire row clickable in order to expand it. Having to click the red + is annoying.

All the other advice from the previous post still applies too.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo