1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What are viable prices for translating the site?

Hi Colleagues!

I'm going to have content of my site translated to different languages (from English). I wonder what it may cost.

I was told that low rate for hiring professional is about $0.05 per word. Content is about 200 programming exercises, roughly from 100 to 500 words, I think. This means about $15 * 200 for translating to one language. If I want to cover say 10 languages eventually, this makes somewhat dizzying sum of $30000 for the hobby site not generating profit.

So I'm curious what should I offer if I try to attract non-professional translators - e.g. users of the same site, some technician students - I think they can easily translate into their native language - and I'll be able to offer them work by chunks...
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi there,

I think there are cheap translators who are willing to do the work for you. Have you tried Fiverr, Digital Point and other online service marketplaces to look for translators? You are right about professional translators, they charge big amounts. When you indeed checking out the sites I've mentioned, just make sure they have good reputation and feedback from previous clients.
  5. No Profile Picture

I wouldn't go to Fiverr for this. Rather, perhaps, go to UpWork. You have many knowledgeable and skilled people there who are usually happy to do this for a fair amount of money. The rates are a bit higher than on Fiverr, but people are more skilled, it seems to me. You can check the rates there, too. If someone accepts a big load of work he will give you the deal, for sure. Just don't go for the cheap service because it may turn out that you will have to do it all over again.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo