Thread: New website

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New website

Hi all,

I own a few domains which I'm considering investing some time and money into. I'm looking for a good developer to help out. I'll give a description below and would appreciate some pointers and thoughts on whether these are still viable. I've recently being told websites are old news and social media is the way forward regarding business on the web.

1) is an ecommerce site selling baby toys, maternity essentials, baby clothes etc. I looked into this last year and researched woocommerce vs Magento. Are there better alternatives? During my research I read that people by nature are lazy so tend to stick to mainstream sites like ebay and Amazon. Any opinion will be appreciated.

2) An MMA site which is pretty much a go to index of all fighters from amateur to professional. It will document their results, fighting styles, affiliated clubs, and statistics, I was thinking of having a facility where you could see two fighters side by side. The kind of thing you see before a Boxing or UFC fight with the fighters stats side by side.

Again any help advice would be great.

Thanks guys,

Andy
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Websites are still effective provided that you have an updated one and you continue to promote it by some social media platforms. You can also try social media optimization or the basic seo. There are tutorials online that can help you with it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo