1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Calendar "Plugin"

I'm looking for a free, feature rich calendar framework that I can integrate into my web app. I've found EventCalendar, and it's pretty awesome, but it falls short of a solid calendar in that it only has a weekly view (a monthly view is also needed for my purposes).

I looked into integrating with Google Apps Calendar, but it comes with a fair bit of headache in that it does not integrate with a system very well. For example, I can't embed it into my web app without hacking the google embed code and when I do it's read only and not interactive. If I go about it the "right way" all of my users are required to have their own google logins or I set it up with SSO and all of my users will end up with an open session in the google account it's setup under.

So does anyone have any other suggestions for a calendar plugin? Basically something that looks good and will give me day-week-month view and my system can populate it's events either via a database table or via javascript/ajax. It doesn't even have to be coldfusion based. It could be purely javascript based.

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

You can check out some of the other options at RIAForge, but my impression is that EventCalendar is about as good as it gets for a free option.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah, I'll probably end up going with a javascript/jquery plugin and building some cfc's to go along with it. Thanks =)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For reference, it looks like I'll be going with http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/

Seems to be the most robust, easily configurable, and best of all, free.
  9. No Profile Picture

Gotcha. I thought you were looking specifically for just a CF option. If you're OK using a standalone client library like the one you found, you obviously have a lot more options.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would have preferred a CF option, but I didn't want to write it from scratch and EventCalendar is quite lacking in functionality.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo