1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

capture data in a cell

I am displaying the output from a <cfquery> tag in a table. I want to be able to click on a cell of the table and passing the data being displayed there to the next form to use in another <cfquery>.

Basically the first form is a summary report. When the user clicks on a account number (stored in a particular column), I want to pass that data to the next form and run a more detailed report specific to that account. Any suggestions? Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Well not to sound harsh, but what you are asking about is basically the first chapter of any web programming book for any platform or language.

What you want to do is pass the ID as a form value or URL query string to the next page, so the target page knows what ID you want to view the details for.

I'd recommend picking up any book on CF development or reading through the CFML documentation before you go any further though. This is extremely basic stuff.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I fully understand how to pass a form field's value from one page to the next.

The <cfoutput> is dumped into a HTML table, not a specific <cfinput> or other field and hence does not a name to reference. The ID property of each cell is referencing the ID for the CSS.

My question was just asking to grab that row,column value and place it in a hidden field so that I can reference it on the target page.
  7. No Profile Picture

OK, your second post did a much better job of explaining what you are trying to do. If you re-read your first post it is basically asking how to pass an ID field to another page.

CF doesn't know anything about the position of something in an HTML table, unless you specifically set up something to keep track of this. What about setting up a row counter and a column counter, and increment these as you loop through the data and output each row and column. Then from within each column you can simply reference these counters to populate a hidden form field with the current row and column.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo