1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CF 8 works, Apache works All .cfm pages throw a 500 error

I have an existing centos server running apache 2.2 and php 5.3. I've now installed CF8 and it works fine using port 8500. I modified the apache connector script to match my system ran it and after adjusting the SE Linux context and permissions of the CF files it works. I can load the admin and .cfm test pages at the CF web root. However, despite apache loading the CF module, all .cfm pages that I try to pass through apache throw a 500 error and there doesn't seem to be any information about it at all in any log that I've been able to find.

I've been googling about trying to resolve this all day with no luck so I'm hoping somebody here will have a thought about the cause.

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

What browser are you using?

To be clear, you're saying you can load the CF administrator through your site (e.g. www.mysite.com/CFIDE/administrator) ok?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by kiteless
    What browser are you using?

To be clear, you're saying you can load the CF administrator through your site (e.g. Mysiteurl/CFIDE/administrator) ok?
    I'm using chrome but the 500 is a server side error so I don't think this will be a browser issue. It seems like apache is throwing an error handing off to the jrun module.

I can load the administrator but not through apache. I can load it at mysiteurl:8500/CFIDE/administrator

In using port 8500 I'm bypassing apache and loading the admin directly from coldfusion

Thanks!
  7. No Profile Picture

I asked about browser because IE has a setting for "show friendly errors" that will basically just mask all server-side errors with a generic 500.

If it works using the direct port but not through Apache on port 80, that means something is misconfigured with the web server connector.
  9. No Profile Picture

Would a connector error be logged somewhere? I haven't found anything in the logs so far.

Thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture

It probably depends on what is actually wrong. Apache could be logging something about it, but if it thinks the handoff to CF/JRun is OK and there's a problem on the JRun side, it might log something to the CF or JRun logs if it can.

I'd say you probably want to try rerunning the connector.

It's also worth mentioning that CF 8 is over six years old, so you'll want to be very sure that the version of Apache you're using is supported by CF 8.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo