1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Two CF applications with the same application session settings, but different results

These are the app settings i use for both my websites on IIS:
    <cfset this.name = getDirectoryFromPath(getCurrentTemplatePath())>
    <cfset this.sessionManagement = true>
    <cfset this.sessionTimeout = createTimeSpan(0,0,90,0)>
    <cfset this.setClientCookies = true>
    <cfset this.clientManagement = true>
    <cfset this.clientStorage = "myclientdns">

J2EE session management is enabled.

Upon SessionStart these cookies are created:
    Website 1 (dev) - jsessionid
    Website 2 (stage) - jsessionid & cfid, cftoken

After restarting cf application server, I expect the application settings to reset and expect both websites to result with the same cookies. But this is not the case.

Any ideas?

Ultimately, I'm just trying to get both sites running exactly the same, the environment is the same, the only difference is the domain name. Then I want to figure out why Internet Explorer is creating two sets of CFID,CFTOKEN in CGLOBAL session database table.

I've researched this for a long time and don't find any solution other than the adobe forum that suggests to create some kind of servlet filter option that i can't handle to code. What they point out there is that Internet Explorer is handling the subdomain differently than say Firefox causing the browser to create two sets one for subdomain and another for main domain.
  3. No Profile Picture

The applications do not have the same name. getCurrentTemplatePath() will be return a different directory for the two applications. Try naming them both something pre-determined, like "myApplication".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo