1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CFC Component path location for an Instance?

I am running Coldfusion 9.0.1 Cumulative Update 4 and I am having issues with two new instances that I recently created as Windows services. They are cross referencing each other in unexpected ways. I suspect that if I can find the setting for where it is pulling CFCs from then it will resolve a this issue, but I also need to find why Instance A pulls in the identical Application.cfc from Instance B.

Instance A reads its Application.cfc and then at some point also reads Instance B's Application.cfc and will partially break if I remove Application.cfc from Instance B. (Pages still load in Instance, but most things that retrieve data from our databases fail, because Application.cfc will not load fully without the one in Instance B.)

Instance B reads the cfcs from Instance A and completely ignores its own cfc components. Instance B only reads its own Application.cfc.
  3. No Profile Picture

The first thing I'd check is on the CF admin caching page, make sure Cache Web Server Paths is not enabled. This can screw things up when hosting multiple sites on the same web server. http://tinyw.in/W1dO
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by kiteless
    The first thing I'd check is on the CF admin caching page, make sure Cache Web Server Paths is not enabled. This can screw things up when hosting multiple sites on the same web server.
    Yea, that's not enabled, just component cache and save class files. I matched all the settings from the previous server, so this is really boggling to me so far. I have been working on issues with this since last week and I am to a point where I just need the answer to that question or I will have to redo both instances.
  7. No Profile Picture

The only other thing I can think of to look at is any web server virtual directory mappings, or any CF mappings defined in the CF admins and/or in the Application.cfc files. Also, make sure the Application.cfc isn't doing something like extending the other Application.cfc.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo