1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CFIF question regarding SELECT forms?

-----EDIT------
    I have made a change, so you can read my latest post first if you like..

-----EDIT------

Hi,

I have a field in my table called weightID. I created a new table called weights with 2 fields, weightID and weightvalue

The weightID is an autonumber and weightvalue is either a No or a Yes, so there are only 2 rows total. 1=NO, 2=YES

I have built a 1 to many relationship with Access for the weightID in my first table and the weightID in my weights table.

I have a form, and I want to use a CFIF statement to determine whether a YES has been applied to the basket previously. If it hasn't, I want it to automatically select NO. The owner who maintains the baskets can determine which basket gets moved to YES.

So I previously had a CFIF statement created, but its not doing what I want.

Here is it

Code:
    <select name="weights">
    <CFOUTPUT query="weights"><option value="#weightID#" <CFIF weights.weightID EQ "2">Selected</CFIF>>#weightvalue#</option></CFOUTPUT>
    </select>
    my sql at the top of the page is

Code:
    <CFQUERY name="weights" datasource="something">
    SELECT weightID, weightvalue
    FROM weights
    </CFQUERY>
    WHenever I run the select option I have, if it is EQ 2, and I choose a INSERT NEW BASKET, which does not previously have a value, it gives me YES, and I don't want that.

In a nutshell, if I go to create a new basket, it should automatically give the value of NO or 1 because nothing previously had been stated for it to have a YES.

I have gone in my database and gave every basket a weightID of 1.
    Last edited by jag5311; September 30th, 2003 at 03:38 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ok, this is what I have accomplished...

If a basketID is provided on the page, I tell the page to set the weightID=baskets.weightID (which is strictly for UPDATING THE PAGE)

ELSE

I tell it to set the value of weightID="1" so automatically, if its a new page, it sets it to NO.

So far so good. Plus, the CFIF statement is working, I have tested it by applying a weightvalue of 2, too 3 baskets. When I went to the edit pages of those 3 baskets, it showed YES for the weightvalue.

Problem is, when I go to NEW BASKET, i get an error saying weightID is undefined in BASKETS, which I have put in the if statement

<CFIF baskets.weightID EQ.....

So it doesn't like that for some odd reason. Any help?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo