1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Copy/paste excel data into a cf grid

Hi Expet,

i am building a tool for my team ans one of the important tasks the users has perform is to copy some data from excel spreadsheet ( 36 rows X 5 columns ) and paste it into cold-fusion grid-(table = 5 fields ) ..then the grid view will be updated with this data.
    - is there a betetr way to do this .. ?
    - Should i have to use coldfusion grid view or something else.

any help or ideas will be much appreciated.

thank you
  3. No Profile Picture

I don't think there's an easy way to do this since the copy/paste behavior is not consistent across platforms and browsers. The better option is to let them upload what they want and then parse it and insert what you want.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hi kitless,

Each user is using a big file with different information. The data i want to capture in a form is about 60 rows and it is in a specific name excel sheet. i don't have any other choices but doing it this way..

The other option for me is to have them using webforms instead of excel workbook...but this is a long term solution and takes a while to be build..

i need simply to take this data and insert it into an Oracle table.

What do you suggest please ?

thanks

Originally Posted by kiteless
    I don't think there's an easy way to do this since the copy/paste behavior is not consistent across platforms and browsers. The better option is to let them upload what they want and then parse it and insert what you want.
  7. No Profile Picture

I'd either set up a file upload or a text area input where they can paste it and submit it, and then add logic to perform the various parsing logic for the different formats on the server.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo