1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dynamic Url???????????

Ok what i am trying to do:

Well i have a banner called "Whats New" , i am trying to hook up a database to the banner. This will display the text that is being pulled from the database. In the database i am pulling the "title that i want displayed and i am also pulling the url........this is the problem, i am not able to display the url as a link....how would i display the url as a link in flash? I would like to make it so that you can click on the title in the whats new banner and it will take you to the title that it is displaying. I am able to show the url address but it is not a hyperlink.....how would i make this active? remember since i am pulling the url from the database the url will not be the same for each title......

Oh yeah i am doing this in access 2002

flash mx

cold fusion ...............PLEASE HELP!

Thanks For All Your Help

Karyn
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

straight fusion

If you are using Coldfusion to pull the info from the database you can just use something like:

<cfquery name="URLExample" datasource="Your Database">
    SELECT [Title, URL]
    FROM [Your Table]
    </cfquery>

<cfoutput><A href="#URLExample.URL#">#URLExample.Title#</A>
    </cfoutput>

This obviously doesn't plug it into the banner that you are building, but hopefully you can translate this to fit the code you have. I image that if you are building the banner dynamically on the page you should be able to plug the Coldfusion data into it. If this is way off repost with more detail.

Jeff

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo