1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

links not working properly

Hello, I'm a total newb, so I'm sorry that this is such an easy question. I have a table on my index page, this table has 11 links. The links are each an individual recordset with the text inserted from them. The text displays correctly, with the info from the table displayed in the correct order. Then I tried to add a link to them. my detail page is newlyric01d.cfm. So I added links like this to each dynamic text: newLyric01d.cfm?recordid=1 all the way down to newLyric01d.cfm?recordid=11. They all link to my detail page just fine, but it always shows the info for #1. No matter what. Do I have to make a new page for each one or can't I just make dynamic text that changes for each record id number? Am I just entering the link wrong? Even in the live data view in dreamweaver, when I change the recordid manually, it just updates to record 1. Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

Are you using a SQL query to get the details? If so, check the WHERE clause and be sure you are filtering based on the passed URL value. But if you pass an URL variable as you show, you should be able to reference it in the target page through the URL scope, like:

<cfoutput>#url.recordID#</cfoutput>

Hope that helps.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo