1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Loading Java JAR's in CF10

I'm trying to load the Docx4j JAR file. But I keep getting a class not found... even though I specified where the JAR is located in the Application.cfc:

Code:
    <cfcomponent output="false">

<cfset this.javaSettings =
    		{LoadPaths = ["/myJava/lib"], loadColdFusionClassPath = true, reloadOnChange= true, 
    		watchInterval = 100, watchExtensions = "jar,class,xml"} />

</cfcomponent>
    EDIT:

http://www.docx4java.org/trac/docx4j

When dealing with JAR's I am guessing we use dot notation to transverse and find the class that we need?

This doesn't work:

Code:
    <cfset docObj = createObject("java","org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.WordprocessingMLPackage") />
  3. No Profile Picture

Yes, that's the right syntax. You'll need to be sure the method exists, that you're passing any required parameters into the constructor (if there are any constructor args), and that they are of the proper Java type.

I actually haven't tried the new class loader in CF 10 though.
  5. No Profile Picture

You might try specifying an absolute path to the library folder to make sure it's pointing where you think it should be.
  7. No Profile Picture

Ah, I got it to work now. These objects require the init() constructor to be supplied to them.

Code:
    <cfset docObj = createObject("java","org.docx4j.openpackaging.parts.WordprocessingML.MainDocumentPart").init() />
    <cfset docPackageObj = createObject("java","org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.WordprocessingMLPackage").init() />
    This is actually, very good news since it is telling me that CF10 can actually work around class loading issues.
  9. No Profile Picture

This has actually been available for a while as an open-source add on called JavaLoader. Adobe just realized it was very useful and incorporated it with some modifications.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kiteless
    This has actually been available for a while as an open-source add on called JavaLoader. Adobe just realized it was very useful and incorporated it with some modifications.
    Do you know what modifications were made or where to find the official documentation on this feature? I was curious how it differs from the javaLoader, but my google must be broken because I am coming up with zip... ;-)
  13. No Profile Picture

I'm actually not sure. I don't think it was anything major though, just tighter integration with CF (obviously, heh).
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah, Mark Mandel must be so proud

Finally found some documentation on it here:
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Developing/WSe61e35da8d318518-106e125d1353e804331-7ffe.html
  17. No Profile Picture

I know Mark pretty well and he's actually not super thrilled about having all that work appropriated heh. Ah, the perils of open source.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kiteless
    I know Mark pretty well and he's actually not super thrilled about having all that work appropriated heh. Ah, the perils of open source.
    Having used every one of the javaLoader's incarnations, I do not blame him. It is a fantastic piece of work. (If you could hear my tone, the "proud" comment was injected with a wealth of sarcasm

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo