1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Socket write error

this is stuff that has been working but "suddenly" gives this error in the CF log:

[Flash Remoting MX]->Software caused connection abort: Socket write error

This is not operating via the web, it's a flash program on my windows XP workstation talking to CF8 and DB on the same box. Log trace entries tell me that that the CFC completed it's task but there was no return to my flash8 (AS2) program and I can't figure it out. Tried it on another similarly configured workstation and get the same error.

OK, since it last worked, I've given it a new copy of the database (MS Access) but I do that all the time without seeing this error.

What software caused the abort?

To confuse matters more, another program using the same db but different cfc works fine.

Any thoughts?
  3. No Profile Picture

Even if you're running everything locally, you're still accessing it "via the web" because to CF and the web server, everything is an HTTP request whether it is local or not.

I would try checking your firewall, maybe run a port scan and packet capture to see if you can determine any other information, and if necessary try reinstalling CF and/or your web server.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

kiteless: understood and I'll follow your suggestions. By the way, I'm using CF's webserver.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo