1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The specified form field cannot be found.....

Good day y'all,

We have recently upgraded one of our very old Win2K servers to a newer (recycled) Win2K3 R2 server.

The Win2K3 R2 server is a new installation I just did it.

We have installed ColdFusion 5 on it and set the extensions for .cfm and .dbm as per the documentation helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/installing-coldfusion-windows-2003-iis.html

Here is what it looks like:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\CF_IMG01.jpg[/IMG]

Cold Fusion is up and running on the new server as we can authenticate on the site in question and we can also go from page to page. This verifies that the .cfm pages are working and that database connectivity is also up so far, so good.

The difficulty we are having is with a CFGRID not being visible as a subsequent form field.

The code between the two servers is exactly the same it has not changed however we get the error:

Error resolving parameter FORM.RATEDIR_COUNTIES_GRID.ROWSTATUS.ACTION
    The specified form field cannot be found. This problem is very likely due to the fact that you have misspelled the form field name.

Further investigation using cfdump reveals that on the working (old) server the following items are visible in the "form" ( this makes sense ):

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\CF_IMG03.jpg[/IMG]

However, on the new server however cfdump shows a very different story:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\CF_IMG02.jpg[/IMG]

I have worked my way through all the Cold Fusion configuration pages and have ensured that Java is up and operational and the same version.

I am at a loss!

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated as we simply cannot afford to go out there and buy all new and do a re-write.

Again, thank you and,

Cheers, JK
  3. No Profile Picture

I'm afraid I really have no idea. CF 5 is over 10 years old and if I recall it used Java applets for grids and trees. I would think it should still work if the only thing that changed is the OS, but if it doesn't my guess is that it has to be in either the CF configuration, the Windows setup, or the IIS setup. But as far as which it might be, I can't be sure. I've never heard of something like this happening.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi kiteless,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am over 50 years old and I ain't that bad

I'll keep looking aound - our old server is still healthy with full redundancy (power supplies, raid) so, my push is for the NOS..

If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it!

Again, than kyou and,

Cheers, JK
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I am reluctant I truly have no clue. CF 5 has ended several years aged and when My spouse and i remember this utilised Espresso applets pertaining to grids and trees. I'd personally feel it will even now function in case the thing in which altered could be the COMPUTER ITSELF, however in case this doesn't happen my own think is actually so it must be throughout sometimes your CF configuration, your Windows create, or even your IIS create. However in terms of which often it might be, I can not be certain. We have never discovered such as this kind of occurring.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo