1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Toggle CF Chart Legend

Please consider the image I have attached. I want the following toggle functionality:

When a user clicks on the legend of SecondConn , the line chart should disappear and when a user
    clicks it again, it should come back. Could anyone please tell me how can I proceed in thsi case?

The sample code of my graph is as follows:

<cfset detail1 = queryNew("")>
    <cfset queryAddColumn(detail1, "FIRSTCONN", "date", listToArray("2013-07-31,2013-08-15,2013-08-17"))>
    <cfset queryAddColumn(detail1, "FIRSTOccurances", listToArray("3,5,6"))>
    Code:
    <cfset detail2 = queryNew("")>
    <cfset queryAddColumn(detail2, "SECONDCONN", "date", listToArray("2013-08-10,2013-08-18,2013-08-20"))>
    <cfset queryAddColumn(detail2, "SECONDOccurances", listToArray("4,10,8"))>
    <cfchart format="flash"  xAxisTitle="Dates" yaxistitle="Number of Connections" showlegend="yes">
           <cfchartseries  query="detail1" type="line" itemColumn="FIRSTCONN" valueColumn="FIRSTOccurances" /> 
           <cfchartseries  query="detail2" type="line" itemColumn="SECONDCONN" valueColumn="SECONDOccurances" /> 
    </cfchart>
    Here is the link for the image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wozl4g1ktt6wgy2/11.jpg
  3. No Profile Picture

I really have no idea if this is possible with the Flash-based charts. In HTML, you should be able to add a click handler to anything and modify the DOM accordingly. But in Flash, your only real option is probably trying to inject ActionScript into the Flash object, and as I said I'm not even sure this is possible if you're not writing the Flash source code yourself.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kiteless
    I really have no idea if this is possible with the Flash-based charts. In HTML, you should be able to add a click handler to anything and modify the DOM accordingly. But in Flash, your only real option is probably trying to inject ActionScript into the Flash object, and as I said I'm not even sure this is possible if you're not writing the Flash source code yourself.

I'm not using Flash anymore

Could you explain a bit more about HTML related approach?
  7. No Profile Picture

OK, but unless you've changed it on your side, you've still got format="flash" in your code.

In HTML, you'd add a click handler on the legend to toggle the visibility of the parts of the graph you're interested in. You could do this is your own JavaScript, but I would use something like jQuery.

Really, the best option would be to use a different charting library. The built-in charting features in CF are meant for very simple, basic, quick-and-dirty output. If you want to start customizing things, you probably want a different library.
    Last edited by kiteless; July 30th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kiteless
    OK, but unless you've changed it on your side, you've still got format="flash" in your code.

In HTML, you'd add a click handler on the legend to toggle the visibility of the parts of the graph you're interested in. You could do this is your own JavaScript, but I would use something like jQuery.

Really, the best option would be to use a different charting library. The built-in charting features in CF are meant for very simple, basic, quick-and-dirty output. If you want to start customizing things, you probably want a different library.
    It can't be done using CF Chart basically. I shifted to another charting engine.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo