1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to trial CF9 Standard?

I download CF9 and select single server, trial and the resultant installation says it's enterprise but that's not what we are buying and I need to test whether we need the additional features and the significant additional expense. Is there any way to "dumb it down" to the Standard version?
  3. No Profile Picture

Not that I'm aware of. To be honest, I've never heard of anyone say that the trial gives you TOO MUCH.

Really, the big difference is in interoperability features like Exchange integration, the option to deploy as a JEE WAR/EAR, more threads, gateways, etc. So if you don't need those additional capabilities, Standard should be fine.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kiteless
    Not that I'm aware of. To be honest, I've never heard of anyone say that the trial gives you TOO MUCH.

Really, the big difference is in interoperability features like Exchange integration, the option to deploy as a JEE WAR/EAR, more threads, gateways, etc. So if you don't need those additional capabilities, Standard should be fine.

kiteless, thanks for that. The aspects I'm concerned with are:

Server-side printing
    Flashpaper generation

Since I can find no details on exactly what they are, I'm in the dark but under cf8, we do create flashpaper reports and we print via the server. So, I wanted to test whether what we do would work under cf9 Standard.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi new2cfrb,

We were in the same boat. We ended up with CF9 Std. You can create flashpaper reports, not sure about printing though, never attempted that but I am pretty sure it would work.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo