1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Trouble creating a simple login page

I am working on creating a login page in dreamweaver. I have it all set up but it always returns me to the retry page even though everything looks right. I am using a regular DSN that is set up in Cold Fusion. Here is a link to the code and exact method I used to set this page up.

Thanks,

Kdiff

Link to a sample page I put together with all my code
  3. No Profile Picture

I think you are going about this the wrong way. I see in your Application.cfm file that you are instantiating a service factory object and then checking RDS security. RDS security is unrelated to web site security. RDS allows you to connect remotely with CF Studio (or Dreamweaver MX) to use remote directories, etc. I've never seen anyone try to use RDS in the way you seem to be.

What you want to do is set up a database of user names and passwords. Then when the user enters their info you query the database and compare the password in the database with the password that they entered. If it is the same, you can set a cookie, client or session variable to show the user is validated and from then on let them use the application.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I figured it out!

Thanks for your help. The book that I was using told me a certain way to do it but I went out and bought another book. That book showed how to make the application file in the correct manner. The other application file that you saw was created automatically by dreamweaver for my RDS login to connect to the dbase.

Thanks for Your Help!

Kdiff

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo