1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CheckBox Problem! please help!

I have a database driven application. It's called Production Calendar. By checking a checkbox next to a record this record needs to disappear from the page but stay in the database. How do I do that??? Please note, that the application already has a submit button, so do I need to create a separate button for that???? Please help!!! Is there another way to remove a record from a page????
  3. No Profile Picture

This isn't a ColdFusion question. I think you're looking for information on DHTML layers or CSS. I don't know much about these. If someone else does feel free to answer, but otherwise you may want to ask this question in a DHTML forum.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you could use javascript to do an onclick form submit, but i, like kiteless don't know much about that. sorry.

later
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can wrap each record in a div and then use javascript to hide the div when the check box is clicked. The sample below will hide the record on the page. I don't know if you'd need the option to show it again though. That would require a more involved javascript function. The function as written below will only work with web standards browsers that support document.getElementById. You can throw a detect clause in the function to prevent errors on out of date browsers.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    function showHide(layerName) {
        document.getElementById(layerName).style.display = "none"
    }
    </script>

<div id="myDiv">
    <p><input type="checkbox" onclick="showHide('myDiv')"> My Record</p>
    </div>

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo