1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question strange errors...

I got the following error on my page:

Error Occurred While Processing Request

The system has attempted to use an undefined value, which usually indicates a programming error, either in your code or some system code.

Null Pointers are another name for undefined values.

Stack Trace (click to expand)
    java.lang.NullPointerException

it definitly has something to do with CFMAIL - When I code it like

<cfmail to="#session.email#" from="me@mysite.com" server="mail.mysite.com" subject="#session.first_name#, Thank You For Your Order" type="html">

I got the error above.

I tried to add <cfoutput> tags around session variables and then I got this:

Attribute validation error for tag CFMAIL.
    The value of the attribute to, which is currently "vinyl@mail.ru", is invalid.

Can somebody help me with this, I am looking at my CFMAIL tag and I cant see anything wrong there, especialy cant see how can <CFMAIL to="vinyl@mail.ru" ... > (second error) be invalid?

Thanks!
  3. Contributing User

ok, I managed to fix it It was all about one unwanted <cfoutput> inside the <cfmail></cfmail> tags, but I was completly confused with those two errors CF reported, they pointed me to the definition of <cfmail> parametars all the time but problem was in body of function

thanks anyway!
  5. No Profile Picture

Do you have "enable robust exception information" turned on in the CF Administrator under "debugging options"?
  7. Contributing User

I don't know... do you? We both host at CT, so it should be the same I guess...
  9. No Profile Picture

They may not, for security reasons. I'd recommend using the free single-user version of CFMX locally to test things before uploading to CT. This way you can debug more easily.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo