1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Active Directory / LDAP / ColdFusion

First off, please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong forum I debated which would be best and I figured maybe it would get moved if I was wrong. Anyway, this is going to be a somewhat long winded post, but I really want to make sure that I am as descriptive as possible to avoid a lot of back and forth.

We have 6 major applications written in ColdFusion that comprise our internal enterprise applications. Each one uses its own form of authentication (usually authenticating off a SQL Server). What we are doing now is rolling out a new network setup utilizing Windows 2003 Server and more importantly Active Directory! We are going to modify the application to allow for authentication off the AD via the LDAP interface.

Ok, so we have a nice isolated testing environment setup and I am trying to use the CFLDAP tag to authenticate off the AD but am running into troubles... which may stem from my AD knowledge, which is minimal. Does anyone have any resources they can point me to that will assist me in getting things working ?

Environment:

Windows 2003 Servers
    ColdFusion MX on JRUN 4.0
    IIS 6
    Active Directory Services
    Exchange Server 2003

Major Issues:

Proper attribute values for the CFLDAP tag (specifically START, SERVER).

SSL issues with LDAP/CFMX. I heard that an SSL connection needs to be established, and that CF will not work properly with LDAP if it attempted to be done via a secure channel.

Finding examples and documentation that works! I have read the forums here, articles and help from MSDN on LDAP/AD, multiple other sites and articles and solved many issues already, but not the ones above.

Help is appreciated and please let me know if this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks all.

mike t
  3. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

you may get better help in the CF forum, I'll move it over there of course if they think that it's better in LDAP they can send it back

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo