Thread: cfchart problem

1. Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

cfchart problem

Hi,

I'm trying to make a dynamic graph with CFMX and everything seems to be fine except that image won't actually display, I get the "broken image" icon. When I check the properties of the image it says it's trying to get it from:
    http://<myserver>/CFIDE/GraphData.cfm?graphID=Images/100007.JPG

(it doesn't really say <myserver> I just don't want you guys visiting the development server... )

I didn't have a CFIDE folder in that location, and my "real" CFIDE doesn't have a GraphData.cfm in it.

The book I'm working from doesn't mention any troubleshooting steps for this type of situation.

Any help appreciated!
    wdn2k
  3. No Profile Picture

This path:

http://<myserver>/CFIDE/GraphData.cfm

must work. Do you have CFIDE mapped with a web server mapping?

I'm not sure there really is a file called "graphdata.cfm", it's something that CF is doing under the hood. Can you get to the CF administrator to confirm the CFIDE directory is correctly mapped?
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I don't have access. The someone that does took a vacation day.

If that path must be correct, do you have any other ideas? I've tried an example right out a book and I get the same results so I'm thinking the problem must be a configuration issue.

wdn2k
  7. No Profile Picture

Agreed. Check the path and the virtual mapping.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Check JRunScripts

Although the URL says CFIDE/GraphData.cfm, it has nothing to do with a physical file in the CFIDE directory.

The reason why it doesn't work is most likely the absence of a virtual dir called 'JRunScripts'. This virtual dir should point to [cfroot]\runtime\lib\wsconfig\1 with NO read and write permissions and execute permissions set to 'Script and Executables'.

HTH,
    Ruud
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Didn't work for me in CF10

The path listed on the last post for the virtual scripts directory does not exist in CF10. Any other clues? I need this to work please. Worked fine for me using cf9 then when I upgraded it stopped working...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo