1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to get <cfinput ID in javascript ??

Hi Guys

iam stuck here too and wondering how we can get <cfinput id and pass it to javascript..

the : document.get.ElementByid(IDname) does not work

!!
    thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Um, you're not even calling the right method. It's "getElementById()". Come on now, did you even try to Google this before you posted?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Kiteless..,

The method is ccorrect ..it was just a misstyping.

For this one i have tested it and it is not working.
    As soon as i change the <cfform format from html to flash ..and that is why i am guessing it flash related issue ?

with html format form ..the alert gives me [object] but with flash it gives me null..

thoughts ??

thanks

Originally Posted by kiteless
    Um, you're not even calling the right method. It's "getElementById()". Come on now, did you even try to Google this before you posted?
  7. No Profile Picture

I'm not sure about a Flash Form, since I've never used them. You can use a tool like Firebug to see all the actual DOM elements on the page to see if it shows any identifier that you can use.

Honestly you're better off sticking with an HTML form or implementing your own Flash-based form with Flex. The basic Flash Forms were an interesting idea but ended up being pretty useless because Flex ended up being so easy and powerful.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo