1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CF Server - "unknown parser error"

I have three web servers running on a farm and one of the web servers is getting the following error:

Just in time compilation error<P>
    unknown parser error<p>
    The last successfully parsed CFML construct was the CFML template beginning occupying document position (1:1) to (1:1).

The other two servers are clean. I am assuming the obvious, but wanted to find out from anyone else if they had the same problem and if so, how did you fix it.

Thanks!!
  3. No Profile Picture

hmmm...nope, that error message is just too general. Can you be more specific?
  5. No Profile Picture

Kiteless,

Thanks for the reply -- and unfortunately no, I can't be more specific that's all the info that I have. That's my frustration also, there isn't enough info to determine what the cause may be.
  7. No Profile Picture

What version of CF is it? Can you verify that EVERYTHING is the same between the 2 servers that work and the one that doesn't? That includes all code and all CF administrator settings.
  9. No Profile Picture

Yes, they're the same. We're running CF5.0 Enterprise
  11. No Profile Picture

Well a quick search of the CF Support Forums shows that a few other folks have gotten this error too, but no one ever really followed up to say what caused it or how they fixed it. Some people blame it on OS updates, JET driver updates, or the need for CF patches.

Just for fun, here's the link to the CF 5 Enterprise updates:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/co...tn17883.htm#50

Not sure what else to recommend because the error is just too general...if all else fails and you can do it, I'd try to reinstall.

Also, one option is to upgrade to CFMX which is a total rebuild of the server in Java. I've been running it for a long time and things are pretty smooth. FWIW.
  13. No Profile Picture

Yep, I had similar results when I searched other forums also. What I am initially doing is first the path of least resisitance. I am wiping out all my web content and reposting it. I am thinking that it is a file corruption somewhere.

I am just hoping that the corrpution is within my web not my OS.

Thanks for the assistance.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo