1. No Profile Picture
    Web bod
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Replacement for CFMail?

I've been having some problems with CFMail not sending messages reliably and am looking for an alternative.

I've tried ASPmail, but have managed to break the trial version and this doesn't give me confidence in the main product.

CF_AdvancedEmail is good, but I can't seem to send plain text messages with it, just HTML or combined HTML/text.

So - does anyone have a good alternative for CFMail that I can look at?

Thanks

Paul.
    Paul Silver - freelance web developer
    http://www.paulsilver.co.uk
  3. No Profile Picture

http://www.coolfusion.com/products/

inFusion Mail Server is the World's Most Configurable email server. This innovative product is intended for sites that need a completely integrated and infinitely flexible email solution. It will provide unlimited users, domains, email lists, auto responders, etc. inFusion mail server is compatible with ColdFusion, PHP, iHTML and Active Perl running on Windows NT.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Web bod

Coolfusion

http://www.coolfusion.com/products/
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. Have you actually used it or do you just know about it?

Ta

Paul
  7. No Profile Picture

Re: Coolfusion

Originally posted by PaulS
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. Have you actually used it or do you just know about it?

Ta

Paul

Yup used it on a few servers that required a better mail system
    set up is easy and using it in code is even easer still

Particuar site had over 25k members with mail accounts and this was by far the most robust option we had for them
  9. No Profile Picture

CFMX 6.1 has a totally new mail system that can send over 1 million email per hour. No kidding. And it supports multipart messages, multipart attachements, etc. You can do anything with it now, so think about upgrading to 6.1 as an option.

regards,

Brian
  11. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally posted by kiteless
    CFMX 6.1 has a totally new mail system that can send over 1 million email per hour. No kidding. And it supports multipart messages, multipart attachements, etc. You can do anything with it now, so think about upgrading to 6.1 as an option.

regards,

Brian
    Wow. I had no idea, honestly. I knew that the mail functionality had been upgraded, but that's just amazing.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  13. No Profile Picture
    Web bod

Originally posted by kiteless
    Thanks Brian, but we've been experimenting with CF MX and it breaks odd bits of our v5 code. I've just got an upgrade offer in the post which makes it relatively affordable, but the staff time in re-testing and re-fixing all of our sites isn't going to make the upgrade feasable at the moment.

Cheers

Paul
  15. No Profile Picture

in regard to your post Kiteless cfmail still cannot provide the extra functionality the coolfusions tool can - and is a far better option that trying to update servers & code etc ..
  17. No Profile Picture

Well, I couldn't even get www.coolfusion.com to come up. But, my god, unless you need to do a WHOLE LOT of stuff the mail engine in CFMX would be more than fine. You don't have to update any code, and updating to CFMX has been painless for me on all the servers I've upgraded. Anyway, to each his own!
  19. No Profile Picture

Maybe ? http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/do...doc/intro.html

Although i must agree with kiteless ... the cfmx mail engine is more than fine. i don't believe you need many more extra features ... unless you're building some giant website heavly dependent in mail features ...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo