1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need help with Cold Fusion migration to new server datamgr_mysql

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums so thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

THE HISTORY

I am not a Cold Fusion developer, I am more experienced with PHP and ASP.net. The company I work for is migrating to a new server (same OS, same IIS version described below) The problem is, the previous developer is no longer available and he did not leave any notes on what needs to be on the server in order to install everything from scratch.

THE ENVIRONMENT

We are using a Win 2003 server is IIS6 and Mysql 5 and cold fusion 8. Everything is on one server.

THE PROBLEM

When trying to run working scripts on the new server the following error occurs:

Could not find the ColdFusion Component or Interface com.datamgr_mysql.

OTHER INFORMATION

the offending command appears to be:
    <cfset application.datamgr = CreateObject("component","com.datamgr_mysql").init("mydb1")>

I have tried installing a datamgr but it has not rectified the situation. I copied all the data from the old server to the new server and no luck.

REQUEST

Does anyone have any experience with this, is there some trick to the install, is a file missing, any ideas or links that could point me in the right direction? As it is right now, I am searching for a needle in a haystack, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

Honestly if you don't know what you're doing and this application is of any importance, I would contract with someone to come in and get it working. For someone who knows what they're doing it should only take a day or so at most, unless the setup is really bizarre.

If you MUST try to do this yourself, I would go to the existing server and either save down the Settings Summary page, or copy down/screen capture each screen. In particular the request tuning, caching, client/memory variables, mappings, mail, and JVM screens. Then set up the new server based on that. The CF documentation has full details on the administrator.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo