1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

500 Operation failed on the data source named...

I have a site that has recently started showing the following error when pages load.

500 Operation failed on the data source named "xxxx_client".
    Operation failed on the data source named "xxxxx_client".

The site loads fine, however this error shows up on the page. I'm not clear what this means. The site is running on CFMX7 with MS SQL Server as the database. There is an xxxxx_client database which has two tables call CDATA and CGLOBAL.

Any idea why this is happening or something I can do to stop this?
  3. No Profile Picture

I've always hated client variables and never use them (session variables are always preferred), so I'm not really sure. Sounds like something is wrong with the database set up to store the client variables. I'd check in the CF admin to make sure client variables are set up, then go look at the data sources to confirm that the DSN you've set as the client var datasource is configured correctly.

If you're not actually using client variables in your CF applications, just turn them off.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looks like the reason for this error was because the drive the database was on was completely out of space.
  7. No Profile Picture

That'll do it. Always wise to have some sort of disk space monitoring in place on production servers, so it alerts someone when free space becomes low.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo