1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Passing two form variables in a single URL

I'm running the following form.
    Code:
    // Parameters Defined

<cfparam name="form.startdate" default="#DateFormat(dateAdd('d',-40,now()), 'yyyy-mm-dd')#">
        <cfparam name="form.enddate" default="#DateFormat(dateAdd('d',-1,now()), 'yyyy-mm-dd')#">

<cfform format="HTML" action="Download.cfm" method="get">

<cfformgroup type="horizontal">

<cfinput type="dateField" name="startdate" label="Start Date" width="100" value="#form.startdate#">
          <cfinput type="dateField" name="enddate" label="End Date" width="100" value="#form.enddate#">
          <cfinput name="submitApply" type="submit" value = "Apply">

<!---   <cfset url = "http://abc.xyz.com/<username>/Testing/Testing/Download.cfm"> --->
          <cfinput type="button" name="download" value="Download" onclick="window.location.href='Download.cfm?path=http://abc.xyz.com/<username>/Testing/Testing/Download.cfm'"> 

</cfformgroup>

</cfform>

I want to pass the value of #form.startdate# and #form.enddate# from the current page to the page "Download.cfm". Hence I did the following change in the above URL of onclick event:

Code:
    onclick="window.location.href='Download.cfm?startdate=#form.startdate#?enddate=#form.enddate#path=http://abc.xyz.com/<username>/Testing/Testing/Download.cfm'"
    But it didn't work. Could anyone please tell me what's wrong with my above code?
  3. No Profile Picture

"It didn't work" isn't enough information.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kiteless
    "It didn't work" isn't enough information.

I'm running the following form inside abc.cfm.

// Parameters Defined

Code:
             <cfparam name="form.startdate" default="#DateFormat(dateAdd('d',-40,now()), 'yyyy-mm-dd')#">
        <cfparam name="form.enddate" default="#DateFormat(dateAdd('d',-1,now()), 'yyyy-mm-dd')#">
        <cfparam name="form.selectdate" default="#dateformat(now(), 'mm/dd/yyyy')#">

<cfform format="HTML" action="datedownload.cfm" method="get" >

<cfformgroup type="horizontal">

<cfinput type="dateField" name="startdate"  width="100" value="#form.startdate#">
              <cfinput type="dateField" name="enddate"  width="100" value="#form.enddate#">
              <cfinput name="submitApply" type="submit" value = "Apply">

<cfinput type="button" name="download" value="Download" onclick="window.location.href='datedownload.cfm?startdate=#form.startdate#&enddate=#form.enddate#path=http://abc.xyz.com/username/July30/datedownload.cfm'"> 

</cfformgroup>

</cfform>
    Error I'm getting:

Element STARTDATE is undefined in FORM.

Code:
      The error occurred in C:\abc.xyz\username\July30\datedownload.cfm: line 9

7 : 
        8 : 
        9 : <cfdump var = "#form.startdate#">
        10 : <body>
        11 : </body>

As clear from my form code defined above, I have already defined `name=startdate`. I'm wondering what is wrong?
  7. No Profile Picture

The form scope is only populated during a POST request. So first, you're doing a GET. And second, you can't use the form scope in a click handler like that, because the form hasn't been submitted yet.

Is there some reason you're not just doing a POST with a normal submit button?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kiteless
    The form scope is only populated during a POST request. So first, you're doing a GET. And second, you can't use the form scope in a click handler like that, because the form hasn't been submitted yet.

Is there some reason you're not just doing a POST with a normal submit button?
    There is no specific reason but I got this resolved by removing the method and action attribute from the cfform tag.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo