1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ColdFusion Compatibility

Hi I need some help. I am just wondering is there a compatibility problem with ColdFusion and the Samsung 3 Tablet? I got a developer to build me something and he built it in ColdFusion but for some reason the page I want to open wont open on a Samsung 3 Tablet. We have 3 Tablets but the page just loads half way and then stops. The page opens up fine on iphone, desktop etc and it worked at the start on the Samsung Tablet but not anymore! I am just really confused.
    The link is mooyd.net/edit and I would appreciate any help or feedback as the developer doesn't understand either. Would it have anything to do with Hosting? It is hosted with Hostek.

Thanks guys
  3. No Profile Picture

"CF" isn't incompatible with any client or browser, but the way the developer used HTML, CSS or JavaScript to build the site could fail to render correctly on the browser used by that particular tablet.

In other words, you could build a site with any server side platform, or even just static HTML, that would fail to render correctly on the tablet.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you. How would I go about fixing that, or should i just use a different browser on the Tablet?
  7. No Profile Picture

Well "fixing it" totally depends on what the problem is, and the problem could be anything: incompatible CSS, JavaScript, etc. So without knowing what the actual error is, it's impossible to say. Someone would need to debug the code running on the tablet. But testing it on a different browser on the tablet couldn't hurt, nor would testing it from a non-tablet browser (on a PC or Mac desktop or example). If it works on a different browser, then you know it's a compatibility issue with that particular browser on the tablet. If it doesn't work on any browser (on the tablet or a desktop), then it's probably a more fundamental coding problem.
  9. No Profile Picture

It works on a PC, Iphone and the Samsung Tablet 2 and it previously worked on the Tablet 3 so it must be something to do with the browser rather than a coding issue. Thanks for your help

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo