1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Bios does not detect Keyboard and mouse

Hi everyone,
    the bios in my pc does not detect key board and mouse. they are fine as they work on other pc , and i've tryed other keyboards, the same result. It's asking me to press F1 or F2 to load Bios defaults but i cat cos keyboard does not function, but it does one flash at the start when i push power button. Is it keyboard port problem, is any way to fix it?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cool Nope,

It is prob the port, I hade the same error, and it was my keyboard PS/2 port, I swiched my keyboard to my mouse PS/@ port and it worked, EVEN the multimedia keys. if your mouse if USB, or if you have a USB cable, try swiching you keyboard to your mouse port (asuming you have a USB port)

Hope that helps
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Press F1 to continue message .

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup" it's likely that your CMOS is corrupt. When you see
    that message, go into CMOS (press DEL) and then hit F10 to save and exit and unless your
    battery is weak, you should not see that again. You don't have to change anything - go into it
    and save and exit. That's all there is to it.

More here .
    Prompt to press F1/F2 each time computer boots:
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000301.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263318
  7. No Profile Picture

I'm happy to press any key but the problem is that i cannot press them as my keyboard does not function, even i try diffrent keyboard it does not enter anything. So that's the problem that i cannot enter any command , can't to get the cmos ether. and i've tried to switch between mouse and keyboard ports it doesn't work ether. Tha is realy annowing
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

CMOS or BIOS

Have you tried using the "Clear CMOS" Jumpers on the board, or even tried flashing the BIOS its self? Thast the only other thing i've got.

Lets see how that works.
  11. No Profile Picture

i think i've done it, that's why it says that cmos settings are wrong and asking to press F1 to set the up or F2 to load default, but again i can't use keyboard , what jumpers do you need to reset? i've change couple of them and change them back, the jumpers by the bios battery
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They are usually marked clearly CLEAR CMOS, but if there not, then look in your board's manual, or look on the Internet. Most of the time it will be in all alone with no jumpers next to it, and coprised of 3 pins, 1&2 should be default selected, and 2&3 will be clear CMOS.

Try looking at te boards manual, or on the web.
  15. No Profile Picture

thanx italiano, i've tried everything, i thing it's motherboard problem, probably cmos chip is stuffed as the pc was transported from place to place many times and it migh was dumped once which caused the problem, i don't know if anyone can fix the cmos microchip, i better find a new motherboard.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Have you already took out the cmos battery?

If you have done this. Then, there is cmosclear.exe in Ami or Award Webpage. Just copy it your system disk, and edit autoexec.bat and write cmosclear.exe in it. Boot. That's it.
  19. No Profile Picture

what's the address of the webpage? i've took of the battery and cleared the cmos, now it's says cmos setting wrong press F1 or f2, but, i cannt press them cos it doesnot communicate with keyboard, the keyboard flashes at stard and that's it.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ports?

Im still beting its the PS/2 Ports, have you tried using a converter? My Keyboard flashed when the port was F*CKED, try using a PS/2 to USB Convertor.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No lights on the KB????

if you have a voltmeter, go URL=http://www.bbdsoft.com/keyboard.html]here[/URL] and get the pinout for the PS/2 port. If you have don't have +5 between pins 3 and 4, you have a blown port.
    kevin
    Don't forget to use your brain...
    it sucks not using your brain
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Enough was said. You wronged us. We are not either search engin servicemen nor convenient answering tools. Can't you really go to Ami or Award bios (since I forgot which was) Webpage? Have you already googled the word "clearcmos.exe"

If you did it, and failed, then I'll help you.

Estimate what we said carefully. Mine is the last one, automatic clearcmos and if failed, then flash bios automatically.

Attaching USB Keyboard and port checking is safer than this. So try them first.

"God helps who helps himself"

No more comments, for the moment.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo