1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New Build Keeps Restarting Over and Over Again

I just bought new parts to build a new computer, got them all fixed and when I plug in the power supply, the PC starts up for like a few seconds and then, the PC turns off by itself for a bit and then reboots again. It keeps doing this until I unplug it from the wall. There were no beeps or lights (case doesn't come with LED) and nothing comes on the monitor as it starts and goes off in such a short span of time. I can't tell what is the problem. I've tried reconnecting everything and it didn't help. Could it be that the PSU do not have enough power? It should have, though. Please help me, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Build specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboards GA-H97M-HD3
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5GHz LGA 1150
    PSU: SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI
    Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX970 4GB
    Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5inch SATA III
    Internal DVD Drive: Samsung SATA 1.5Gb-s Optical Drive

Thank you so much!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

check the jumper on the motherboard for the CMOS clear/reset ... and make sure it is set to Normal position and not Clear position.

I've seen where that is set to Clear out of the box...and that can cause all sorts of issues.

Also, its always a good idea to test your motherboard/cpu/ram/power supply setup together before installing into case to make sure it works beforehand.
    If it does work, make sure you don't have any case standoffs touching the motherboard where it shouldn't [grounding something out that shouldn't be grounded]
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DonR
    check the jumper on the motherboard for the CMOS clear/reset ... and make sure it is set to Normal position and not Clear position.

I've seen where that is set to Clear out of the box...and that can cause all sorts of issues.

Also, its always a good idea to test your motherboard/cpu/ram/power supply setup together before installing into case to make sure it works beforehand.
    If it does work, make sure you don't have any case standoffs touching the motherboard where it shouldn't [grounding something out that shouldn't be grounded]
    Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have just returned from a holiday and haven't got time to look at it. Work has also started. Will do as soon as I can and respond here when I've tried. Thank you so much once again and sorry about that.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hey guys,
    I've tried all suggestions above and I found out the reason and got my solution. It's a hell of an embarrassing reason - I got the wrong RAM card. God, I want to kill myself. It is my first time attempting to build a computer. Thank you so much, guys! Appreciated.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo