1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Building my first computer

Hi.

After much deliberations i decided that instead of buying a computer with my first paycheck i was going to build one. I was discussing this on another forum and they gave me some help deciding which parts to select to go in it. But i would also like to know what people on here think, not because i don't trust the other guys, but to see what matches up and so i can check out new bits.

Thanks

Matt
  3. They call me geek here........
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Matt, give us some info, you budget, use etc ........
    and any requirements like noise, screen etc.....

And what was this other forum????????
    Did this help? If so, please add to my Reputation by clicking the at the top of this post

My Folding: -

5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

You can purchase a computer with one paycheck? I wish I had your salary. If you wish to start picking up a few parts with each pay check that would work better. We need to know how much you plan to spend before we can help you decide on parts. What you wanting this computer for? Whether it be for home use or games.
  7. !Ruff Ryder!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by JakeCourtney
    You can purchase a computer with one paycheck? I wish I had your salary. If you wish to start picking up a few parts with each pay check that would work better. We need to know how much you plan to spend before we can help you decide on parts. What you wanting this computer for? Whether it be for home use or games.
    I bought my first computer (one in my sig -v) with one of my first McDonald's paycheck... and I was making minimum wage...
    My b0x:
    AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ Stock speed... (going up again soon in winter!!!)
    2 x 512MB Kingston RAM for 1GB dual channel
    1 x 120GB HDD (soon another ) ( <-- God I've been saying this for like a year )
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (0wN5!!!)
    Logitech Z-5300 speakers (0wN5!!!)
    ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro (0wN5!!!)
    Black ViewSonic A91f+@1280x1024@75Hz (0wN5!!!) (Well, too bad I can't go 1600x1200 above 60Hz )

If I helped you out please consider helping a poor college student get a free iPod for his long commute by signing up here with my referal link:
    My Link
    (I will pay you $10-$20 if you want to cover the cost of the offer for you. ***This ISNT a scam. I personally know a girl who recieved one a few months ago!***)
  9. fork while true;
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Look in the readme first sticky. Simon stickied a post I made about choosing RAM and a HDD.

Ive just been writing one about choosing a processor and mobo. Will get that up soon.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo