1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy cdwriter not working.HELP!!!

Hi

My acer external cd writer has stopped working. Normally as u put the cd in.The green led light flashes for a few seconds and then stays on indicating there is a cd in the drive.
    But now it would flash a few seconds and then disappear.
    The cd drive won't eject my cd.The cd writer won't read the disc .The power of the cdwriter is on.The power indicator lights up.
    Everything isnt working.I dont know what is wrong.The laser head isn't reading the disc and the laserhead isn't moving.U turn the cdwriter on and it just doesn't do anything but the power is on.The cd won't spin
    What is the likely problem that is causing this?
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Did this suddenly start happening, or did you change/bump/etc something? Is the device detected and shown as workign properly in the device manager in windows?
  5. No Profile Picture

i think..

I think i bumped it and it stop working.Windows explorer doesn't show the cdrw drive anymore
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Try removing the device in Device Manager, rebooting and reinstalling the software/drivers that came with the unit.

good luck
    Tom
  9. Just another guy

If that doesn't work, I think it sounds like you broke something when you "bumped" it. Take it by the local pc repair and see what they say.
  11. No Profile Picture

The pc shop said they can't fix it.its replace than repair.ITs only that the cd is not turning and not ejecting.Everything is fine inside.
    Anyone know what problem it is thats causing the cd writer not to read write or turn?
  13. Just another guy

Did you follow Tom MyBoy's idea? If the software is installed right, and its not turning or ejecting, then obviously not "everything is fine inside". If that is the case, you'll pretty much need a new one. If its still under warranty, do it that way, but you're not going to be able to fix some hardware problem on your own.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo