March 27th, 2012, 10:06 PM
How to Clean Compaq Presario CQ45 Laptop Keyboard
This is a English Version Laptop Keyboard for Compaq Presario CQ45. Original and Brand New, 180 Days Warranty and 100% manufacturer compatible.
Version: US Layout
Condition: Brand New
Warranty: 6 Months
Content: Ribbon Cable Comes With Keyboard
New High Quality Keyboard
100% Manufacturer Compatible
Equivalent Replacement Part
Compatible Part Numbers:
Compaq V061102cs1us, Compaq 486904-001, Compaq MP-05583US-6983, Compaq PK1303V0500, Compaq PK1303V0600
How to Clean Compaq Presario CQ45 Laptop Keyboard:
1. Unplug your laptop from any power sources and turn it off. Remove any detachable devices, including a mouse and any USB drives.
2. Remove the keys from your laptop keyboard by popping them off with a dull knife or other instrument.
3. Place the removed keys into a bowl of warm, soapy water. Dish detergent is effective at removing dirt and oil with minimal scrubbing. Leave the keys to soak.
4. Spray the keyboard with a can of compressed air. Hold the can at an angle, and be careful not to get too close to the keyboard or the pressurized air may damage the laptop.
5. Wipe down the touchpad and surrounding areas with a clean, lint-free cloth.
6. Dampen a cloth with a mixture of equal parts water and isopropyl rubbing alcohol and use this to clean the rest of the keyboard. If you cannot reach all the dirt in smaller areas, such as where the keyboard meets the monitor, use a cotton swab.
7. Rinse the keys in warm water and allow to dry completely before replacing them. Make sure all parts of the keyboard are fully dry before the keys are replaced.