1. !Ruff Ryder!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Computer beeps and resets when playing old game...?

When I tried to play the old game of Myst after a few minutes my computer would always beep and crashed (instantly reset).

I have Award BIOS and accordgin to some websites the alternating high/low beeps I heard one or two seconds before the crash means exactly: "Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed." I don't know why it only did that with the crappy old game of Myst... I do crazy things with my PC and my temps are always fine even with my OC. Once I got a look at the temps while it was beeping like that and they were perfectly nomal (for me 56 is normal, and my warning beep is set to 66 and I know the beep is different anyways...)

So guys... was Myst doing something bad to my CPU or is something wrong with my computer??? Well also just wondering cuz I went back to stock speeds and Myst works fine..? When it was OC'd it survived StressPrime for a few hours before I decided it was enough and it never crashed on me...

BTW: Myst sucks balls...
    My b0x:
    AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ Stock speed... (going up again soon in winter!!!)
    2 x 512MB Kingston RAM for 1GB dual channel
    1 x 120GB HDD (soon another ) ( <-- God I've been saying this for like a year )
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (0wN5!!!)
    Logitech Z-5300 speakers (0wN5!!!)
    ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro (0wN5!!!)
    Black ViewSonic A91f+@1280x1024@75Hz (0wN5!!!) (Well, too bad I can't go 1600x1200 above 60Hz )

If I helped you out please consider helping a poor college student get a free iPod for his long commute by signing up here with my referal link:
    My Link
    (I will pay you $10-$20 if you want to cover the cost of the offer for you. ***This ISNT a scam. I personally know a girl who recieved one a few months ago!***)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

So let me see if I got this right. When you had it over clocked it did this right?
  5. !Ruff Ryder!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Ya... well it was always overclocked. Then I installed the game and it started doing this for no reason. I thought it made sense because it was starting to get into summer temperatures and my comp was overheating but if I can play Need For Speed UG 2 and other even more demanding games like Doom 3 nothing happens. (No beeping and crashing.) So after Myst crashed, I put my computer back to stock speeds and the weirdness stopped and I was able to play Myst.

Is it possible my motherboard thought something was damaged on my CPU because Myst is made for really old processors?
    My b0x:
    AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ Stock speed... (going up again soon in winter!!!)
    2 x 512MB Kingston RAM for 1GB dual channel
    1 x 120GB HDD (soon another ) ( <-- God I've been saying this for like a year )
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (0wN5!!!)
    Logitech Z-5300 speakers (0wN5!!!)
    ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro (0wN5!!!)
    Black ViewSonic A91f+@1280x1024@75Hz (0wN5!!!) (Well, too bad I can't go 1600x1200 above 60Hz )

If I helped you out please consider helping a poor college student get a free iPod for his long commute by signing up here with my referal link:
    My Link
    (I will pay you $10-$20 if you want to cover the cost of the offer for you. ***This ISNT a scam. I personally know a girl who recieved one a few months ago!***)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hm.. my computer when playing games and stuffwill freeze and reboot.. even when auto reboot is off.. i think its overheating but i dunno

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo