1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Computer went Colorblind...

Hi, My sister messed up the computer when I was at school. I don't know what she did, but she messed up the screen color. The computer looks like colorblind now It displays: Blue=Green, Orange=Pink, Black=Purple, DarkBlue=Black etc... I can't see the right colors. The current setting is True Color (32bit) with Screen Area of 1034 x 768. I am trying to fix the color code...There is a thing where I can change the color to deeper color or lighter color (dont know how you call it...) When I pushed that button, it display a little box with this menu: AutoTune, Color, Quality, Position, Language, Recall. I clicked on Color, it displays: 9300, 6500, User. If I recalled correctly, my original color setting was "User". Unfortunately, it was almost a year when I did the change. When I clicked on User, it displays the HEX, the RGB thing... I don't know what number I am supposed to put. The current color code is R=74, G=71, B=71............This is the closest color setting I can get to my old setting... Well, I even tried to put RGB= 0,0,0 Yet it showed up all black I can't get into the correct number, someone help please.
    These are what I have done so far:
    1) tried to use 9300 and 6500, but the color was either too dark or too light
    2)System Restore, but couldn't restore back... (dunno why)
    3) Tried to change the color bit to 16 with resolution of 800/600, and 75Hz, but it didn't work either

Thank you for reading! Any help is greatly appreciated!
    P.S. Windows Me here...
    The following are the screenshots I took, I am not sure how it will display when you see it, but it looked very bad in my computer.

Last edited by Skiyuki; January 24th, 2004 at 06:32 PM.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

right click the my computer ico, select properties from the menu, then click the device manager tab. see if any yellow ! or ? is next to anything, if so list the results and someone can probably help you.
    She showed me her software so i pulled out my python.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo