Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by paulh1983
    you know when your pc shuts down, are you able to reboot it straight away? i mean can you turn it on straight away or do you have to wait AGES?

my pc turns off unexpectedly and i "think" it is because the cpu fan speed is lower for some reason (i keep getting this error when i turn on my pc). and when it turns off i cant turn it back on immediately, i have to wait for few hours! (i have a laptop as a backup lol)
    that's almost assuredly an overheating issue, and most likely the CPU.

Kicken seems to have a psu problem.
    Please do not click on the at the top right corner of this post. Due to my hippie upbringing, this would signify a society with classes, and I look at all beings as equal.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Red face Overheating and Power Testing

BurnInTestPro is a great app. I would suggest getting a fan for your video card. Also what is the wattage of your PSU?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Red face

Originally Posted by Axweildr
    Anything in the system log, or Dr Watson logs, or is it getting a chance to write logs ...
    Did you check your Event Logs in the My Computer >[Right Click] Manage Window? Are there any errors under the system log?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Look Up Your Video Card Specs!

If you are running that video card you are going to I would suggest running at least a 650W PSU.
  9. No Profile Picture

cool

Try changing the CMOS battery which looks like a cent on the mother borad.

Even i had the same problem worked for me.

Best of luck
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have the Same Problem

I too have the same problem and it all occured after a power outburst that happened a few days ago

my smps (PSU if u like to call it that) stopped working i took it to my living room and connected it to a power outlet and turned it on and BOOM!! it blasted and caused a blackout in the neibourhood!!! then i removed the smps and changed it into a similar SMPS (i bought it) and connected it and then onwards i had this wierd problem when ever i put "load" on my computer as in ask it to convert a video,play assasin's creed,multi-task...it crashes and i have to turn off my computer (the wall outlet) and turn it back on after a couple of seconds....i can gaurantee you the PSU is not the problem i suggest you change your mother board bcuz i think thats wat the problem is....(even for me same problem, but i probably will change my ram too...)
  13. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Lokesh1996

First, this thread is almost 3 years old. Don't necro old threads.

As for my original post. The issue was the powersupply. Putting a load on the computer demanded more power than it could handle so it was shutting off. As a result it also cause my video card to fail, likely do to the fluctuating power and constant hard-kills.

I ended up buying a new video card and stronger power supply and the computer has been running great since.

Lastly, I have a second computer which now is also exhibiting similar behavior to your post where if it holds a load using more than about 80% cpu for more than about 10 minutes it will crash. Without a load, or with only a breif load, it works fine endlessly. Luckly for me, this system is a home server I run so it hardly ever sees any heavy traffic and when it does go out I will just re-start it (also having to turn off the power-supply switch for 10 sec, then turn it back on. Normal power button will not start it).

I suspect this computer is also suffering a power-supply related problem (computer is over 8 years old at this point) but as I does not affect me that much I've not looked into it too much.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  15. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

buy new computers with the advice of someone who is involved in this business, and the best service to ask what computer to buy and then you have less problems. and 8 years and is similar enough to withstand the computer and it works.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo