1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

No display on boot

Hi guys I need some help on this.

When I boot my cpu I get no display but the weird thing is the num lock is lit up and after some time I can hear the sound of windows booting up. So I restart it and voila the display is back. But I have to do this every time to get my computer running

what could be the problem? psu? motherboard?

thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It sounds more like a problem with your video card, which, if it's integrated with your motherboard, could mean a problem with your motherboard.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi, how can I test this? thanks
  7. No Profile Picture

So I tried taking off my video card (3 yr old 8600GT) and set the chipset configuration to go to internal vga and surprisingly it displayed on first boot. Now, is that conclusive evidence that its my video card that's defective?

Earlier this month though the onboard lan card failed which is why one would think that its a failure from the mobo.

Thanks.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by canephalanx
    Hi guys I need some help on this.

When I boot my cpu I get no display but the weird thing is the num lock is lit up and after some time I can hear the sound of windows booting up. So I restart it and voila the display is back. But I have to do this every time to get my computer running

what could be the problem? psu? motherboard?

thanks!
    Kindly check your monitor cable that is it plugged correctly or not...and one more think,remove your RAM and clean it and then again insert it..I hope it would work.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Open your ram and placed it to another slot, disconnect your monitor cable and connect it again, if your problem could not be solved then its the problem of your motherboard integrated video card.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo