1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Documents got lost?

So I apologize in advance, I only have basic computer working knowledge so my explanation might be confusing. Basically, a program on my computer (windows vista) (it was either symantic or macafee, but I think it was symantic) told me to reboot via a little yellow post it thing. When I did, my computer was back to default setting with my background, docs pix and music gone, along with internet faves gone, etc. So I did a quick search on the computer drive and managed to find my files. I dragged them from their location (which looked like my normal user drive called Katy) to the empty new ones. I could open them and everything. I closed my computer and when I opened it a few hours later, my computer was back to normal with my favorites google gadgets and post-its and background. Basically it was like the reboot never happened, only now my documents are gone. Doing a search says that they are in the users->katy->appdata->roaming->microsoft->windows files, but they are only shortcuts. No actual documents. Plus my doc, pic, and music folders are empty. I did a system restore, run as admin, safe mode, driver search. Nothing lets me find them. Are they gone?
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

cross-posted in windows help

Closing this thread, it's more a windows issue
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo