What are the requirements if I want to use a double hard drive enclosure with one eSATA connector going out and into the ExpressCard slot in my computer?

As I understand this would let me use two external hard drives with all data going through one connector without losing transfer speed on either hard drive. Is this correct?

Is it true that either the double hard drive enclosure OR the eSATA port controller on my computer has to support port multiplier function? Meaning that if the eSATA port controller on my computer supports port multiplication then I can get any double hard drive enclosure and if it does not then the hard drive enclosure itself has to support port multiplication?

How do I find out if the eSATA port controller I have supports port multiplication? As a matter of fact, and excuse my ignorance, but is a port controller the same thing as a chipset? Because I was also wondering if the chipset for my ExpressCard slot has to support port multiplication.

Regarding the ExpressCard chipset on my computer, I have looked at the device manager but cannot figure out where it is listed or what it is called. Besides figuring out if it supports port multiplication I'd like to know what ExpressCard chipset I have because I am worried that it might not even be worth going the eSATA -> ExpressCard input if it's a bad chipset. I know that my computer has a Ricoh firewire chipset and I've been told that Ricoh is so bad that I'm better off using my USB inputs. What if my ExpressCard chipset is Ricoh too???

Lastly, I read somewhere that there are two types of multi-bay eSATA enclosures, CBS-based and FBS-based. Is this something I need to worry about or will either one work for me?

Sony Vaio VGNFW490
Windows 7 64-bit
Both external hard drives I plan on using are 2.5" 7200RPM and support eSATA I only (1.5GB transfer).