1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hard Disk Problem

Hello everyone
    I have a 160hdd along with a 80gb hdd(master drive). 160gb hdd had 5 partitions. one day i checked my all the partitions of 160gb are not being displayed. i check it in partition magic. it showed that my all of the 160gb hdd space is unallocated, but still my hdd is being detected by mu computer. Can anyone tell me what is the problem with my hard drive and is there anyway to recover all my data from it. I tried using PCI recovery software. But it didnt showed much success. Please can anyone help me to know what is the exact problem and how to recover data.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

(^^;?(Anyways, rescue data first by recovery tools. Then make some effort.)

http://forums.devshed.com/computer-hardware-103/partition-magic-interrupted-data-recovery-possibilities-326372.html
  5. No Profile Picture

here i mainly want to know that what happened to my hdd and has it crashed or what?? that is do i have to go and get it replaced or this one will be fine. and thanx for the link but i cant go for it as most of the softwares mentioned are too costly.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

(Oo;?(It depends. But I don't think it's so broken.)

Probably, partition table is just corrupted. At least all I have mentioned in the link is freeware. Get UBCD down and diagnose it by powermax, if you have only to want to know whether it is broken or not.
  9. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If your data is important, then try and retireve it, but, I think you could be out of luck without spending a bit of money.

If you can't do this, you would be best to run powermax as megumi suggested to determine the state of the drive and if it runs ok, then just start over again with the drive and create new partitions.
  11. No Profile Picture

thanx aitken for your advice. trying it. if it works successfully then that will be the best option as most of my data was irrelevant(consisted of movies and music which can be gathered again).
  13. Providing fuel for space ships

Originally Posted by indian_tiger
    thanx aitken for your advice. trying it. if it works successfully then that will be the best option as most of my data was irrelevant(consisted of movies and music which can be gathered again).
    Sound. Let us know how it goes. I think perhaps the drive will be ok and just that the partition table had become corrupted.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Sound. Let us know how it goes. I think perhaps the drive will be ok and just that the partition table had become corrupted.
    thanx buddy. checked it through it and saying hard disk is fine. so made new partitions and now its perfect once again.
  17. Providing fuel for space ships

Originally Posted by indian_tiger
    thanx buddy. checked it through it and saying hard disk is fine. so made new partitions and now its perfect once again.
    Glad you got it sorted out !
  19. No Profile Picture

You can use file recovery tool get your data back. Use EASEUS DataRecoveryWizard "Advanced Recovery" function to search your data. You can download the demo to try first.
  21. No Profile Picture

Send the disk in for data recovery service.

Here's one: Adroit Data Recovery Centre

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo