1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My hard disk knows Maths!!! 260MB+1,19GB=9,12GB!!!

ok here what happend i tried to "reorganize" or whatever the english name for (hard drive (right click) > tools (last option) ) is.

and it crushed my computer halfway.(welll actually at 4% of progress and i had to restart.

then sudddendly I lost about 8GB of disk capasity (having a 14GB drive this is freaking me out), well i searched for the "BIG FAT BUG" and "found" it in windows folder where the folders have 1,19GB and the "rest"(hidden and items) 260MB , so where is the file with the remaining 8GBs? When i rigth click windows from the C:/ it states that the folder is 9,12GB thats crazy

help plz

btw if it is not a bug but a virus dont tell it to me cause i doubt if i could answer you with a broken pc, so ty in advance hopping for yar help ASAP
    No sign
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

doesnt sound like a virus, what version of windows is this? and what is the file system, ntfs or fat32?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

windows 98 second edition

and file sys is fat32, (never heard from the other though)
    No sign
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

if you have the 98 cd, boot from it. you may have to enter the bios and set the cd rom as the first boot device. install 98 from the cd. at no time attempt to format or allow it to be done. if you dont format and just reinstall your drivers, programs, and files will still be on the system. this should fix the directory and any other problems you may have.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo