1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hardware Conflict

After having sorted out a number of teething probmes with my new hardware setup, I am left one with one minor problem.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128 Sound Card, and a Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Motherboard, and I am experiencing a Resource conflict between the Game Port on the Sound Card and the 'Motherboard Resources . However, only the Gameport on the Audio Card is showing such a Conflict.

The following two addresses are imags of the two properties windows.

http://www.geocities.com/rich18144/h...econflict.html

How can this conflict be resolved? Do you reqiure any more information? Is it possible to disable the 'Motherboard Resources' to allow the GamePort to work
    Last edited by RAllan; January 27th, 2004 at 08:18 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Can anybody help me? Would it be better to try and find a new sound card to replace this old one? I could do with as much information as possible!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Go to the Game Port and change from basic configuration to another configuration. IRQ and resource conflicts is a little game the PC likes to play. Do you have Windows95? Is the sound card plugNplay? It sounds like your plugNplay isn't quite working or it's not pNp. . You need to set the IRQ/resources manually. Quite often you will play around with your configurations and eliminate the conflict between the audio card and the mobo resource and develop another conflict between the audio card and the modem. You just have to keep trying different configurations until all the cards are happy. Do a search on the Internet and see if you can find the prefered IRQ for your sound card. Then set your sound card to that IRQ. Then play around with the DMA configurations until all is well.

<copied from another website>
    Important Notes:
    1. Your sound blaster PCI card can not use IRQ 5. IRQ 5 is required by the legacy device.
    2. Your sound blaster PCI card should not use the same IRQ as your video card.
    3. You must first uninstall your current Sound Blaster DOS drivers in windows for my drivers to work (Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/Your Sound Card).
    4. You can customize the IRQ and DMA settings using the sbeset utility on all Live! and Audigy models. For help with the sbeset.exe command line parameters, in dos mode at the command prompt enter: sbeset.exe -?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo