1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Why HCL laptop getting hanged?

Hi friends,

My laptop was working fine. I was just trying to reinstall win 7 in it, but as i was reinstalling it got hanged in between.So I took my harddisk in my frnds lappy and installed it.

Now when I start my laptop then it load fine, but after the loading symbol of Windows , it stops there and does not move ahead to prompt for login screen, very few times it start nicely but after that when I start working in it it gets hanged there.

If I starts in safe mode then it works nicely without getting hanged.

I tried installing win 7, linux on it but installation process also gets stuck in half way,

I dont think any virus problem as it was working fine, and just after i started reinstalling win 7 this problem occured.
    I also checked RAM, Hard disk , but no prblm in that also.

Can anyone tell me what problem can be there?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

So I took my harddisk in my frnds lappy and installed it.
    Unless the laptops are identical this normally does not work well. During installation Windows installs a lot of low level drivers customized to your machine, it usually does not work to move the harddrive to a new machine afterwords.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

When you say that it hanged during the installation of Windows on your laptop, how long did it hang for ? I've seen installations of Windows take an hour plus.

As it boots fine in safe mode, what are the specs of your laptop ? Do they cover the minimum requirements of Win 7 ?
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    When you say that it hanged during the installation of Windows on your laptop, how long did it hang for ? I've seen installations of Windows take an hour plus.

As it boots fine in safe mode, what are the specs of your laptop ? Do they cover the minimum requirements of Win 7 ?
    It gets hanged for ever, i have to forcefully shutdown it and restart it,
    yeah it meets min requirements of win 7 and I am using it for last3 years dear...
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Unless the laptops are identical this normally does not work well. During installation Windows installs a lot of low level drivers customized to your machine, it usually does not work to move the harddrive to a new machine afterwords.
    Dear it was similar laptop where my hard works well, and after attaching my harddisk to my frnds laptop I installed win 7 again, which does not works in my laptop...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo