Thread: Headset?

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Headset?

http://www.compusabusiness.com/shop/...ategory_id=661

Out of all of these (or others not on this page) what headset should I get? I want it to use on FPS games, so the microphone and headphones should both be pretty high quality. Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

my personal prefference is a stereo headset with a noise cancelling mic. i bought a optimus from radio shack i like better than most i have used.
  5. Capt'n
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Goto Radioshack, I bought a headset with mic for like $30 about 5 years ago and still have it. It was made by Koss, just with the radioshack optimus brand for like 60% less than the Koss at other stores.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by kfickert
    Goto Radioshack, I bought a headset with mic for like $30 about 5 years ago and still have it. It was made by Koss, just with the radioshack optimus brand for like 60% less than the Koss at other stores.
    Is it high quality? I'd rather spend more money and get something really good if it isn't. Thanks.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

as far as i can tell my optimus which is a koss also, is as good a quality as any i have tried, and like kfickert said it's alot less expensive to buy the radio shack optimus brand. i paid $10 dollars for mine, but it was a grand opening sale and they had alot of things really cheap. same set is $30 now.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by Known_criminal
    as far as i can tell my optimus which is a koss also, is as good a quality as any i have tried, and like kfickert said it's alot less expensive to buy the radio shack optimus brand. i paid $10 dollars for mine, but it was a grand opening sale and they had alot of things really cheap. same set is $30 now.
    Can you give me the full name of the $30 one?

Optimus type x? radioshack or anywhere else? thanks.
  13. Capt'n
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally posted by STEELV
    Is it high quality? I'd rather spend more money and get something really good if it isn't. Thanks.
    It doesn't have the noise cancelling and other modern stuff, but the fact its lasted for 5 years says a lot and its Koss with a different name. I don't know about today, but 5 years ago Koss was the brand all my audiophile friends were recommending.

As far as quality, it does what I need it to do. Works fine when chating over teamspeak and rogerwilco.
    Why? Because Forms just look cooler in OS X...

Dutch, it's like German...but not!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo