1. Ruler of the Universe & Canada
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Need help deciding on a new case

I've had my current one for years (it's an older coolermaster). It works, but the HDD mount has always been pretty shaky, and now that I've got a lot of data stored on my computer, it's becoming more important that I get a case that..well, that works, even when the sides of the case are attached (unlike this one.)

I'm hoping to stay in the $100-160 range for this new case. My specs aren't too fantastic, so cooling isn't particularly vital - but I do have a quad core and three hard drives.

I'm open to further suggestions, but both of these cases seem to have about what I need:

I've heard that Cooler-Master has had serious quality control issues with this case (check newegg), but I've also heard that if you install the front panel wrong, that you'll get the problems the newegg reviewers all had.

Cooler-Master Storm Sniper

I haven't seen any complaints about the below case, but it hits right at the edge of my price limit.
    Antec DF-85

I've also had really good experiences with Antec, they always seem to have solid build quality.

What does DevShed think?

Thanks in advance,

-Xbot
    Last edited by xbot; February 1st, 2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Start a revolution
    I need a girl who loves me for my money, but doesn't understand Math.
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

First, your link to the Cooler-Master is incorrect. Just thought I'd let you know.

Second, I've had a lot of success with ThermalTake cases, have one for myself and have purchased about 4 others. This one is very similar to the one I got and the tool-less design is pretty solid.

Comments on this post

• xbot agrees
    Adam TT
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I bought this a year ago and it's an amazing case. If you watch newegg you can get it on sale. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo