1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question problem with HP laptop front panel-- Anyone ??

System Info : I have Win2k Pro (SP-4) on HP-XH485 notebook, with GD-MI-8 basically GD-MI08 version BIOS. All the drivers are up to date. 512 MB/ 40 GB/ Athlon-M processor 1.1GHz, DVD-R/CD-RW.

Problem : The problem is that whether i put it in stand by or shutdown, battery or power.. whatever... the machine tries to access the cd drive randomly say after every 5-10 15 minutes etc.. makes sounds as if trying to read a cd, brings up the front panel lights and after a while again goes back to normal..

The same wierd behaviour keeps repeting after random times. Otherwise .. when i switch on the laptop it works just fine.. no problems. I have no clue on earth what so ever.. .. PLS HELP !!

I tried re-installing complete windows, all new drivers.. etc etc.. nothing works.. If anyine has any ideas or need some more info pls mail at

durlabhm@hotmail.com.

Thanks
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

You're sure its the CD its trying to access? On my hp laptop (pavilion ze4500), the front lights come on when the hard drive is active, not the CD. The hdd does activate when you shut down or put the computer on standby, making a whiring sound, and flashing the front disk activity light. Could this be it?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo