1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Keyboard Freezes in Games

Hi
    Please I need help
    i have Tenda Wireless Router with Lan Cable also
    i have my laptop Hp Pavilion dv6000 and my desktop computer also
    i connect them using cables not wireless to the internet
    i used to play network games just in lan mode not online with my brother on these two computers, the problem started after i updated the punkbuster for Battlefield 2142, while we are playing the keyboard freezes for a while
    for example when i press "W' for walk the soldier walk but when i release my finger the soldier still walk for a while like 5 seconds during that i cant fire or press any other key on the keyboard until he stop.
    this problem was in both computers and in any game even in singleplayer mode. i tried to remove the punkbuster by using their own utility and i maked sure its files also removed from the system and i restored the default settings for my nvidia card also i restored default Bios settings.
    and no changes
    sometimes we play and everything works fine and after minutes the problem return
    i tried many solutions on the internet and nothing.
    i just want to know what makes this problem.
    i thought it is from punkbuster but i removed it and i didn't update all my games for punkbuster just BF 2142 and i insalled yesterday UT3 and the same problem.
    Note: when i use the arrow keys (left, right, up, down) and not any other key on the keyboard, the games work fine, but when i press any key except the arrows it freezes.

Please help.
    thanks in advance
  3. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I'd start with reinstalling the keyboard drivers. Even if it is not a fancy keyboard there are default drivers. Go into the device manager and uninstall the device, reboot the machine and have windows reinstall drivers. If it IS a keyboard that has special drivers, go to the website after the device manager thing and install the newest ones.

BTW, PunkBuster is universal (afaik) it doesn't matter which game.
    Adam TT
  5. No Profile Picture

thanks for your replay
    but the problem in the two computer and started in the desktop before the laptop and then is started in the laptop also
    how it could be?
  7. No Profile Picture

system installation, and install one at the keyboard and try and find the cause of

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo