1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Laptop Brand: 5 laptops - $1k each

I have to buy 5 laptops for coding, php development, budget $1000 each. What is the best laptop brand? what brand i should buy?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

PHP programming is not a very resource-intensive task, particularly because there isn't a CPU intensive compilation step when you make changes as there would be with a compiled language. Therefore, I would focus more on features than raw performance.

I would take $200-$300 of that budget and invest it in a second monitor for the programmer - that will be more useful to them than additional horsepower.

As far as brands go, at the $1k price point I don't believe there is really a major difference between them. $1k is enough to get a good machine, but it's not high-end, so the machines you will find there are going to be commodity type products.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    I would take $200-$300 of that budget and invest it in a second monitor for the programmer - that will be more useful to them than additional horsepower.

As far as brands go, at the $1k price point I don't believe there is really a major difference between them. $1k is enough to get a good machine, but it's not high-end, so the machines you will find there are going to be commodity type products.
    WOW "a second monitor" is a great advice Thank you
  7. No Profile Picture

Lenovo

I had allways good Luck with Lenovo Laptops.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I recently bought a lenovo u510. It's an alright laptop for the price($600). One thing you should keep in mind is UEFI. All windows 8 computers come with it and can make dual booting/changing the os slightly difficult with the secure boot feature. It's set up differently with every manufacturer though. For What E-oreo said about buying a second monitor, It is a great idea but I wouldn't spend 200-300 per monitor if that's whats he meant. I just bought an alright 21.5 in monitor for $110 that works just fine.
  11. No Profile Picture

Smile Laotop

Originally Posted by PlanetMyHero
    I have to buy 5 laptops for coding, php development, budget $1000 each. What is the best laptop brand? what brand i should buy?
    You must buy HP brand laptop.HP laptop best for coding, php development.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by badolonline001
    You must buy HP brand laptop.HP laptop best for coding, php development.
    What exactly makes the hp best for coding/php development?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo